Our global Malts Marketing team are seeking a Senior Brand Manager to launch and develop a new range of ultra-premium discovery single malts. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and passionate marketer and beyond that for a real business leader – who wants to build their career in a fast-moving, convivial and highly entrepreneurial global drinks company.
Chivas Brothers, the premium Scotch whisky and gin business of Pernod Ricard, the world’s co-leader in wine and spirits, owns a leading portfolio of single malts including some iconic brands like The Glenlivet (#2 single malt globally, #1 brand in the USA), Aberlour (#6 single malt globally, #1 brand in France), Scapa and Longmorn.
The single malt segment is developing at a fast pace in both value and volume and if the top 5 players are representing 40% of the total volumes, the medium and small brands are now representing 60% of the volumes and are growing at an even faster pace. As such and to reach the global single malt leadership, the development of boutique premium discovery single mats is key.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager as a Senior Brand Manager you will be responsible for:
- Develop the marketing mix of a new ultra-premium range of single malts including packaging, positioning and pricing
- Identify the strategic target, the consumer decision journey related to this target and the key touchpoints
- Define the route to market (distribution) and route to consumer (promotion)
- Develop some creative playbooks to communicate engaging and premium brand guidelines and assets to markets including launch strategy
- Manage packaging agency brief and follow-up to ensure new range distinctiveness and consumer relevance
- Liaise with lead markets (Global Travel Retail, France, UK, Taiwan, USA) to ensure commercial listing and global strategy realisation
- Establish a social and digital strategy (including premium CRM) for new range
Our ideal Senior Brand Manager will be an established Marketing professional who can bring significant functional experience across the full marketing mix having worked with premium brands. Ideally you will also have an interest and knowledge of craft, boutique premium brands.
You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to interact in a multi-national, multi-faceted environment. You will have the confidence and ability to present to internal and external audiences often at a senior management level. You will be a strategic thinker with a good commercial understanding. You will be analytical and able to assimilate data quickly and carry out appropriate analysis. As this is a global role, you need to be willing to travel frequently.
By working for Chivas Brothers you would join the Scotch whisky and premium gin business of Pernod Ricard, co-leader of the spirits industry worldwide. You would join a global workforce of approximately 18,000 people operating through a decentralised organisation with 6 Brand Companies and 85 Market Companies. As the world’s co-leader in wine and spirits you would also join a company with international leading brands and a unique motto promoting human connection – “créateurs de convivialité”.