Royal Salute is the only Scotch whisky collection that begins at 21 years of age
Inspired by a passion for tradition, born as a tribute to a queen, crafted with a desire for perfection. The story of Royal Salute is unlike any other whisky.
In 1953, the young Princess Elizabeth ascended the throne. The occasion called for a tribute fit for a queen and so, in Strathisla, the oldest working distillery in the Scottish Highlands, an exquisite blend was created. It was given the name Royal Salute – after the famous 21-gun-salute – and so began the story of a remarkable whisky.
To this day, Royal Salute has marked each significant event in the lives of the British Monarchy and is unique in having only ever used whiskies aged at least 21 years in its blends. It is this unique commitment to quality and tradition that has given rise to the informal motto, “We Begin Where Others End”.
Behind this drive for perfection lies the true secret to the success of Royal Salute – its legendary vault. Over the decades, the custodians of Strathisla have collected and stored whiskies of immense distinction. Behind locked doors, these liquids lie in wooden casks, ageing, maturing, patiently waiting for the moment they are ready to make magic.
You will find Royal Salute’s exceptional whiskies at parties and polo matches around the world, as a new breed of admirers raise a glass to tradition.
Times change. People change. Majesty endures.
- Royal Salute 21 Year Old celebrates the 21-gun salute, the tradition of the gun salute which takes place to celebrate special state and royal occasions.
- Royal Salute The Malts Blend is the first blended malt from Royal Salute and an extraordinary Whisky. It is blended with more than 21 precious single malts, each matured for a minimum of 21 years
- Royal Salute The Lost Blend features the ’lost’ Imperial Distillery at its heart. Although it opened in 1897, the Imperial Distillery only produced Whisky for 46 years, leaving a limited and precious legacy.
- Royal Salute 25 Year Old The Treasured Blend is sophisticated and opulent in character; the result of a selection of rare and exceptional Scotch whiskies, including those carefully watched over at the Royal Salute Vault. (Travel Retail exclusive).
- Royal Salute 32 Year Old Union of the Crowns is the latest permanent expression to the Royal Salute range, an exquisite blend that unites precious single malt and grain whiskies aged for a minimum of 32 years. (Travel Retail exclusive).
- Royal Salute 38 Year Old Stone of Destiny takes its name from the legendary stone used over centuries at the enthroning ceremonies of the ancient Scottish Kings and Queens. Owning this bottle unlocks the ability to have access to the Royal Salute Vault at Strathisla Distillery.
- Royal Salute 62 Gun Salute celebrates time honoured traditions such as the 62 Gun Salute, which is the highest ceremonial honour in British tradition, reserved for the most important Royal anniversaries.
- Royal Salute The Polo Collection
- Royal Salute 29 Year Old Pedro Ximenez Flask Edition
- The Age Collection